Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dewey's Readathon Saturday April 21



This Saturday is Dewey's Readathon. This is one of my favorite readathons. I try to participate when I can. Sadly, this weekend is my weekend to work so I won't be able to participate. I still wanted to promote the readathon. If I were off I would not hesitate to sign-up. It is so much fun! There are cheerleaders, mini-challenges, and prizes. The best part of it though is catching up on your reading. I recommend a wide assortment of reads and be sure to include some lighter fare for the late night hours. Some shorter reads are nice to have on hand also. You don't have to read the whole 24 hours. I never am able to make it all 24 hours. Go here to sign up and be sure to have fun!

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to do something here this weekend. I have obligations, but I figure even if I go hide for a handful of hours to read, it will be more than I usually get! I have learned to stay the heck away from the computer and just focus on reading. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never make it the whole 24 hours either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be able to participate but between walking the dog and all the other stuff I never manage to have enough time to read. I'll be around to cheer folks on though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first time I didn't participate since I started my first book blog. It's always fun, but I didn't have enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My weekends are just too busy to participate in this read-a-thon even though I would love to do nothing but read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info I think I will try to do this next time.

    Hope you didn't work too hard at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't it be lovely if life didn't get in the way of reading? I was all set to do this and then got so busy I didn't even get a chance to read at all on Sat. Darn, maybe next tine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!