Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of Year


As 2011 comes to a close, I thought I would share my very favorites reads for the year. I read many books that I really enjoyed but 5 of the books I have read really stood out for me.

The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt: A Novel in Pictures by Caroline Preston

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznik

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznik

The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen


Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

It was really hard to narrow my list down to five books. I find I am getting a bit more particular in the books I accept and choose to read. This also means that most of what I read, I really enjoy. I think I had only a few books this year that were misses for me.

Reading Challenges


As far as this years reading challenges go, I was somewhat successful. I finished the Just for Fun Reading Challenge and I did well on The ARC Reading Challenge. The other challenges we won't mention since I did so terrible at them. Later today, I hope to post start up posts for next years challenges. I have three in mind. Three seems doable!

In 2012, I hope to read more of the books I have on hand, especially since they are starting to pile up everywhere.

I want to wish each and every one of you a safe and prosperous New Year! May the New Year be full of good reads! I know I have some books for next year that I am really excited about reading!

6 comments:

  1. I want to read Between Shades of Gray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read four of your five, and would have to agree with you that they were excellent books...very creative. Hope you have a great evening and New Year's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Wishing you and everyone close to you, good health and happiness in the New Year. I am so happy i discovered your blog when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that Bird Sisters book on my shelf. Now I am more interested in it.

    Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great wrap-up post; I think I'll copy your style for mine, especially the reading challenges (I'd like to ignore the ones that I didn't finish as well) :) (If you don't mind, that is!)

    The Invention of Hugo Cabret was wonderful! My son and I read it as a read-together a year or two ago. Wonderstruck is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see Between Shades of Gray on your "best of" list; it made mine, too! Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!