Thursday, September 30, 2010

Still The One



Still The One by Robin Wells

Summary borrowed from Goodreads

After Katie Charmaine's husband is killed in Iraq, all she has left is a closet full of his clothes, a few pictures, and fond memories. She not only lost her love, but her last chance to have the children she's always wanted. Until Zack Ferguson shows up in town . . . with the daughter Katie gave up for adoption nearly seventeen years ago.

Zack Ferguson has never forgotten Katie, or the one magical night they spent together. Seeing her again brings up a tidal wave of emotions: regret over the way he left her, anger at the secret she kept, and desire he hasn't felt in years. But he's in town for Gracie. Their daughter is sixteen, angry at the world, and-worst of all-pregnant. She needs the love of her two parents now more than ever. Can these three forgive the hurts of the past and open their hearts to each other?

My Thoughts

This was a nice light, romantic read. The story was very current and I fell in love with the characters who all seemed to be hurting and needing to find a way to move on with their lives. I loved the setting of Chartreuse, Louisiana. It was small community which is my kind of place. If you like a nice contemporary romance novel, this one fits the bill. It's a nice story of forgiveness and second chances. It is a romance novel so there are the usual sexual scenes.

I read this book for my online book group read and I purchased my copy of the book.

3 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a light read although the topics are heavy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won this and it's been calling to me ... so many books ... so little time! Thanks for the review!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!