Sunday, May 30, 2010

Seven Year Switch



Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook

This is a great book to read to kick off the summer beach reading season! Jill Murray is a single mom raising her 10 year old daughter, Anastasia. Jill is "man-free" after her husband abandoned both her and her daughter 7 years ago. Jill is a strong woman who has worked hard at being a good parent. She works two jobs answering phones for Great Girls Getaways and also teaches a cultural cooking class. She meets Billy who hires her as a consultant around the same time Seth, the ex-husband decides he needs to get to know his daughter. Jill finds herself smitten with Billy but finds herself spending time with Seth and their daughter. All of a sudden Jill's man-free life is anything but man-free! There are quite a few interesting characters in the book. I loved Cynthia, Jill's well-to-do and crazy neighbor. I love how light hearted and fun this book is! I found myself laughing many time throughout the book! I think anyone in Jill's situation needs to have a good sense of humor and she definitely has that! Some of the situations she finds herself in are quite humorous! Take this book to the beach but bring plenty of sunscreen with you because you won't want to put it down until you've finished it! I will be reading more of Claire's books this summer. If the rest are as good as this one, they will make great beach reading for the season. I give this book 5 stars!

I received this book from Hyperion Books and Voice. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this enjoyable book!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one! It's on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!!! I am awaiting delivery of this book and now really look forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.
    CMash Loves To Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review. It sounds like something I would enjoy. I'm adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds sooo good! I hope to get to read it soon! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this fabulous review! I'm so glad you enjoyed SEVEN YEAR SWITCH and truly honored you gave it five stars! Love your blog -- I'll give it (and the review) a shout out on Twitter and Facebook.

    Thanks so much for your support, and a big thanks to everyone for looking forward to reading it. You can find out more at http://ClaireCook.com where I've got a new giveaway starting today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Claire Cook visited my little old blog! I am tickled pick! I truly loved Seven Year Switch and highly recommend it! I'm looking forward to reading her other books too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!