Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Favorite Reads: Redeeming Love


>

My Favorite Reads is hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books. Each week you share a book that was a favorite read in the past.

One of my all time favorite reads is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.


For years I had had many people recommend this book to me. For some reason I never got around to reading it. Finally one day I picked it up in the bookstore and bought it. It is one of the best books I have ever read. The setting is California's gold country in 1850. Angel is sold into prostitution at a young age. She eventually meets Michael Hosea. Michael marries Angel as an answer to God's call. The story tells of all the trials and tribulations they face. They are an unlikely couple in every way. I can't describe this book in a way that does it justice. It always comes off sounding like a dime store novel but it is so much more! This book is a retelling of the book of Hosea from the Bible. It is an amazing book and I recommend it every chance I get!

5 comments:

  1. I never heard of this one, and have never read anything by this author. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francine Rivers is really one of the best Christian fiction writers out there. I think that this is one of her best books, and completely understand why it's on your favorite list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My college roommate was absolutely crazy-in-love with this book. She nagged me for a long time to read it. I think I expected something entirely different based on her recommendation, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. I'll have to give it another try! Great choice!

    My Favorite Reads pick this week is Elizabeth George Speare's classic Calico Captive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best book EVER!!! I LOVE it! I am actually reading it for the 5th or 6th time now (i've kinda lost count) but I'm starting a new blog about how we can learn stuff from God and His character through this book! I just started this and I would like you to check it out if you want! :) God bless! :)
    http://ofbooksanddiscussions.blogspot.com/search/label/Redeeming%20Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redeeming Love is in my top 5 books of all time. I've liked all of the Francine Rivers books that I've read, but nothing tops Redeeming Love.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!